As part of the Windows 10 Updates, Microsoft has now come up with a new update for Windows 10 PCs. The name is Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
This post lists down some of the highlights of Windows 10 October 2018 update and Seqrite Endpoint Security’s compatibility with the OS.
Highlights of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update
- Windows Defender Security Center (WDSC) gets Fluent Design support and now it will be called as “Windows Security”
- Additional Privacy settings
- Enhancements in Cortana – Cortana section in Settings renamed to “Cortana & Search”
- New Snip & Sketch screen capture tool to take screenshots quickly and easily
- Improvements in Sets feature
- Improvements in Microsoft Edge web browser
- Improvements in Windows Update
- Improvements in Storage Sense features
- SwiftKey typing support in touch keyboard
Supported Seqrite Endpoint Security Version Details
- For Existing Users
Users of Seqrite Endpoint Security 7.0 or higher MUST take the latest updates and only then upgrade to the Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
Note – Prior to moving on Windows 10 October 2018 Update, latest Seqrite definition Update is mandatory.
- For New Users
Fresh installation of Seqrite Endpoint Security 7.0 and later versions supports this update.
How to apply the latest Seqrite update?
To apply the latest Seqrite update automatically, enable Automatic Update for EPS client under Policy Settings.
How to know if the Seqrite update has been successfully applied and is compatible with Windows 10 April 2018 Update?
If your Seqrite Endpoint Security Client’s Virus Database Date is the latest, it means it is compatible with the mentioned update.
Note – Fresh installation of Seqrite Endpoint Security 6.4 and earlier version is not supported by Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
If you have any queries about the Windows 10 October 2018 Update and your Seqrite Product, please call us on 1800-121-7377 or drop us a line in the comment sections below.