Today’s cyber threat landscape spreads across endpoints, servers, web, networks and emails. Not just that, with the excessive adoption of cloud technologies, the threat multiplies to on-premise and cloud too. Thus, making it a mammoth task for security administrators to keep their organizational assets safe.
Considering the above cyber-threat scenario, Centralized Administration comes forth as an important cybersecurity tool which not only allows organizations to have a consolidated view of their company’s security posture but also enables central management of user privileges, authentications and security control. Centralized Administration, clubbed with an efficient management and global administration, minimizes complexity, lowers the threats and offers a consistent policy for the organizations.
Centralized Administration as a Part of Seqrite’s EPS Module
Seqrite’s Endpoint Security (EPS) is the best-in-class endpoint security solution that protects an organization’s assets and data. While the entire EPS module aims at securing the endpoints against threats by offering behavioral detection, advanced DNA scan and other innovative technologies, it is the Centralized Administration that stands out due to its ability to manage individual accounts, folder permissions and access rights. Once deployed, a centralized management plan can easily enforce control by supervising intrusion detection, firewall and other aspects of endpoint protection. In addition to that, Centralized Administration also foresees vulnerabilities and comes forth with proactive scanning features. Be it addressing patch management or rendering cloud-specific control for enforcing compliance and policies, Centralized Administration is probably the most cohesive part of an EPS module, assisting organizations with unified asset regulation.
Benefits of Centralized Administration
Centralized Administration comes across as a holistic security tool that:
- provides integrated view of the organizations’ security map
- enables administrators to have clear visibility of any breach and its impact
- can help curb the spread of any cyber attack thereby ensuring least damage
- provides more power to the administrators to control what comes in and goes out of the network via multiple endpoints.
- allows companies to seamlessly collaborate with clients and partners without worrying about security threats.
- ensures tighter vigil by providing different categories of user privileges and by having robust authentication mechanisms
Some key benefits that Centralized Administration offers, include:
- A simplified model for managing accounts. It eliminates the confusion associated with multiple endpoints being used by employees and their corresponding details being stored and maintained at different local servers.
- Having a centralized model in place improves the cost efficiency.
- It offers operational benefits by eliminating the need of having multiple security tools, different policies and huge manpower to handle systems.
- Ensures consistent security policies across endpoints.
- Provides consolidated dashboard and relevant reports for faster action in case of a cyber-attack.
- Centralized Administration offers a cohesive platform for the organizations, offering internal tools for managing the Active Directory.
- It enables seamless handling of critical tasks like global system and server monitoring, disaster recovery and backup.
- Automatic deployment of patches and updates makes Centralized Administration a far better choice than manual lockdown.
In addition to these, Centralized Administration also offers a host of opportunities to the users, like:
- Users can now look into a single data store and therefore, the experiences associated with client services are far better.
- Better security design is yet another perk of having Centralized Administration at the helm. Users get a cohesive security model for their accounts.
- Lastly, the operational load is duly minimized as even external users can perform tasks depending upon the permissions and access rights.
Centralized Administration covers two aspects of endpoint security i.e. global administration and centralized management. While the former involves better policy deployment, maintenance and network infrastructure monitoring, the latter assists organizations with seamless VPN configurations, better role management, maintenance, deployment and tracking. In a nutshell, with Centralized Administration, your enterprises’ security is sure to get much better.
As an IT security partner for your business, Seqrite provides comprehensive security from advanced cyber threats. To know more